I am committed to maintaining your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. This is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of my respect for you and your personal information. This policy aims to inform you how I collect and process information that I collect from clients and students who receive yoga instruction or coaching, and those people who visit my site and / or subscribe to my newsletter.
For purposes of the applicable Date Protection Laws, Ginger Tonic is the ‘data controller’. This means that Ginger Tonic determines the purposes for which, and then manner in which, your data is processed.
How I collect information
I collect information in the following ways:
- Information is given to me by you, and it is collected automatically – this information helps me to make improvements to my website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website, and the way you use and interact with its content
What type of data I collect
I may collect the following information:
- Your identity – name, date of birth, title and any other identifiers
- Your contact information – address, e mail address and phone number
- Transaction information – details about payments or communications to and from you and information about products and services you have purchased from me
- Technical data – your IP address, browser type, browser plug in’s, operating system and platform and other technology you use to access this website
- Marketing data – your preferences in receiving marketing from me
What I do with the information I gather
- Internal record keeping
- It is useful for improving my services
- I may periodically send you promotional e mails or newsletters about new products, services, classes, special offers, workshops, or other information which I think you might find interesting. I will use the email address you have provided
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. When you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyse traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used, This helps me to analyse data about web page traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to your needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can chose to accept or decline cookies but overall cookies help me to provide you with a better website by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you don’t.
Keeping your data secure
I use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- Access to any account you hold on my site is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you
- I store your data on secure servers
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your data, please let me know immediately by contacting me via
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if I delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access – the right to request copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or that I modify, update or delete such information. If I provide you with access to the information I hold about you, I will not charge you for this, unless your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. Where I am legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request, but if I do, I will tell you why
- Right to correct – the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase – the right to request that I delete or remove your data from my systems
- Right to restrict my use of your data – the right to block me from using your data or limit the way in which I can use it
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we may move, copy or transfer your data
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for legitimate interests
- You have the right to make enquiries, and exercise any of your rights set ou as above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data)
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint is handled, you can refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK this is the Information Commissioners Office, who’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk
Use of my site by children
I do not sell products or services for purchase by children, nor do I market to children. If you are under 18 you may only use my website with consent from a parent or guardian.
How you can complain
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. I would, however, appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your concern before you approach the ICO
Compliance with the law
Ultimately, it is your choice as to whether you wish to use my website
I may update this privacy notice from time to time, as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on my website on the day you use it.